This new test ( EndoTest for endometriosis) is based on gene sequencing and use of AI ( Artificial intelligence), a cutting edge technology in this modern era.
- It can accurately detect endometriosis by sequencing microRNA from saliva using Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- So far EndoTest has shown a solution with superior performance to all currently available diagnostic tools (laparoscopy, MRI, pelvic ultrasound).
- It has been developed by a French company, and has been validated by one of the largest clinical studies for endometriosis, in collaboration with 6 French centres specialising in endometriosis.
- The benefit of using EndoTest is to quickly confirm or exclude the diagnosis of endometriosis with a high reliability.
- Performance wise, EndoTest is non-invasive and os easy-to-use test, reliably detects endometriosis and removes doubts in the most complex cases (sensitivity of 97%, specificity of 100%, diagnostic accuracy of 98%). Laparoscopy has about 80% diagnostic accuracy
An early diagnosis could result in
- Early treatment of endometriosis
- Single test to diagnose endometriosis
- Optimising fertility care
- Limiting the quality of life deterioration
- Avoids invasive testing and costs related to laparoscopy and complications associated with it.
#pelvicpain #endomerriosis #adenomyosis #qol #diagnosis